+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NAVY Fed, salvage title? (03 Cobra)

NAVY Fed, salvage title? (03 Cobra)

Hey all,

I'm looking at a salvaged 03 Cobra for a great deal. It was rebuilt and good to go but the title is "tainted". Getting it from a friend I trust. Does anyone know if NFCU will approve an auto loan for a car with a salvage title? I searched the NFCU site, here and googled it and couldn't find anything. I figure I can't be the first to try it. If anyone has details on this please let me know. I already used the pre-approved loan check, just wondering if I'm gonna have to dip into savings instead. Thanks all,

Bart
    66 coupe, 408 Clevor, Viper T56, Cobra IRS
    66 coupe on 96 Chassis, 4.6 auto, Cobra IRS (project)
    03 Cobra

Flyin low and fast

Don't know, man. Try giving them a call. They're pretty good about rapid answers.
    Be blessed,

Doin flips n shit
    USAA may.

Doubt if ANY CU would finance a Salvage title, but depending on the price they may just do a personal loan for it. But, ya can't be told no on something you don't ask for
    "The 2nd Amendment, the original Department of Homeland Defense"

Quote Originally Posted by BADTGR View Post
    Doubt if ANY CU would finance a Salvage title, but depending on the price they may just do a personal loan for it. But, ya can't be told no on something you don't ask for
    True, already passed the check haven't put my name on the title yet. I'll send the title in to NFCU and just play dumb. "Salvage, what's that? Does that mean it's like a BEAST?" The Termi has the top end of the engine pulled apart and it needs a DS head replaced. 50K miles, getting it for under $10K.
    03 Cobra

Snake on a plane
    speaking as someone who just took out a car loan navy fed has the better rates. under 10k? yeah you most likely can get that much as a personal loan but the interest will be more. not as high as interest at other places.
    try for the car loan first and then look into ther personal loans. shop around with banks but imo most likely nfcu will be the lowest interest, as nobody else has been able to offer me as low credit card interest, car loan interest or personal loan interest as nfcu in recent times.
    i was paying 4% interest on the new escape i bought this year.
    of course all of this will vary with your credit score and history with the bank.

2000 Mustang GT Vert
    2013 Ford Edge SEL

Quote Originally Posted by MustangSteveGT View Post
    speaking as someone who just took out a car loan navy fed has the better rates. under 10k? yeah you most likely can get that much as a personal loan but the interest will be more. not as high as interest at other places.
    try for the car loan first and then look into ther personal loans. shop around with banks but imo most likely nfcu will be the lowest interest, as nobody else has been able to offer me as low credit card interest, car loan interest or personal loan interest as nfcu in recent times.
    i was paying 4% interest on the new escape i bought this year.
    of course all of this will vary with your credit score and history with the bank.
    No doubt that's why I went with them. I bought my first 65 coupe through them 10 years ago and have my mortgage with them too. I figure worst case scenario they don't accept it and convert my auto loan to a consumer loan and bump the interest rate up. I've never done a salvage vehicle before and figures someone here might have experience with them in the past. thanks for all the replies.
    03 Cobra

+ Reply to Thread