+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAPS testing

WAPS testing

I've been studying like mad the past few weeks. Since we got to Texas, I've had A LOT of downtime, so I've been filling most of that up with my nose in the books. I hope to have the PDG read cover to cover by the end of next week. I'm averaging about a chapter a day plus reviewing using the PDG gold multiple choice questions for that specific chapter. Yesterday I finished chapter 14, and 15 is fuggin huge, so I decided to review the past 14 chapters using testmaker and scored a 78 on a 100 question quiz. Not bad, but not quite where I want to be yet. Luckily this year is our second year of PDG only, so I dont need to worry about CDC's

Why am I writing this? because I just finished reviewing and I've got a serious case of PDG - ADD

Anyone else been in the books lately? My test date is Feb 16

Doin flips n shit
    I test for Tech on March 28th...been studying PDG Gold and my CDCs for the past month and a half or so. I've been taking it chapter by chapter as well.

My baby is due March 30th, so that might interfere with my test date. Hopefully I test before the baby is here because I know once he's here, I won't study at all.

Good luck dude! You'll need the extra pay with the baby hopefully on the way!

You're good!!

Haven't started studying yet, no test date yet, but I should be PDG only this year, so I really don't have any excuse not to make it other than being lazy. Good luck dudes.
    2001 Black Bullitt | 2012 Race Red BOSS 302 | 2001 Opel Vectra | 1993 Toyota HiAce

Owner - MilitaryStangs || "Like" us on Facebook!!

Doin flips n shit
    I dunno dude. I was talking to this guy here who used to be a NCOA instructor and he said all three times he tested for Tech were PFE only and the third time when he made it he scored an 88 and only made it by like two or three points. He said he had nine points for decorations and all fives on his EPRs. I guess the PDG only test can be a bitch. It's not the same PFE test that everyone else gets I guess.

You're good!!

I had wondered about that, especially taking it last year. Looking back, it almost seems retarded to take PDG only after retraining. All that SKT/CDC info is still fresh in your head, and if you did well enough to graduate retraining, you should do alright on your SKT portion. Limiting yourself to having to do really well on the PDG that you haven't been focused on for however long just seems dumb. I might opt to take both this year just to not limit myself.
    2001 Black Bullitt | 2012 Race Red BOSS 302 | 2001 Opel Vectra | 1993 Toyota HiAce

My ALS instructor came back to work in AGE and he missed Master by 1 point. He had to test PDG only but if he had tested in our (AGE) career field he would have made it by 8 points. Weak, huh.

I'm not so sure that the test is different, they just take your PDG score and double it.

Doin flips n shit
    I'm pretty sure the test is different. According to the MKTS stuff and the AFCFM stuff that is linked out of the PDG, it's a different test.

The problem with testing PDG only is you are testing against all those people that test PDG only. ALS instructors, MTI's and the the like that are out side their normal career field. Then they take your PDG score and double it for your final score. I still have another cycle before I can test again but by then I'm not going to take up the slot. Good luck to ya'l testing this year.
    Aim High Shoot Low Go Air Force! Whats that? Oh yea........Above All.......now I remember.

Well if I had scored 75 on my test last year, i woulda made it. thats within reach, i just didnt give a shit last year.

Doin flips n shit
    Quote Originally Posted by AFSTANG View Post
    The problem with testing PDG only is you are testing against all those people that test PDG only. ALS instructors, MTI's and the the like that are out side their normal career field. Then they take your PDG score and double it for your final score. I still have another cycle before I can test again but by then I'm not going to take up the slot. Good luck to ya'l testing this year.
    EVERYONE outside of their career field...dorm managers, postal, anyone who has cross trained and tests PFE only, etc. There are A LOT more people that you test PFE only against versus your own career field.

Doin flips n shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin'Red35th View Post
    Well if I had scored 75 on my test last year, i woulda made it. thats within reach, i just didnt give a shit last year.
    I made high 40s without studying and missed Tech by 40. I should be able to make it this year.

I've put a total of 62 hours on the PDG gold since mid Jan, and that doesnt count the time I was in the book, which I spent alot more time reading than reviewing the chapters. I've got one chapter left and i'll have read the whole thing cover to cover. <-- this was the advice of a chief I talked to about waps testing a couple years ago. Last year I didnt give a fuck, this year i'm not messing around. I'm pretty confident i'm going to make the cutoff

You're good!!

They're gonna give me the full 60 days from when I (finally) got back to homestation, so I've got some time to study. Looks like I'll finally be installing that PDG Gold on the laptop when I go home on leave.

well thats out of the way. Now on to start my bachelor's degree.

Doin flips n shit
    How'd you feel after?

like a million bucks! jk. I felt good. I knew most of the questions. I'm thinking High 70s, more likely low to mid 80s

Doin flips n shit
    I'll shit my pants if I score 70s on PFE. I think, going off of last year's cutoff, I need low-mid 60s on PFE and SKT, but who knows what the hell the cutoff will be this cycle.

+ Reply to Thread