+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New 36-2903 (35-10 for us old folks!)

New 36-2903 (35-10 for us old folks!)

Did y'all see the new D&A AFI? Came out just last week. Check out the changes!

facial hair FTMFW

no hands in pockets (it's officialy now!)
    no walking and drinking...

etc.

blah.
    1993 Cobra # 1894

Flyboy 06
    Quote Originally Posted by majo_marz
    Help a noob out, the what?

facial hair FTMFW

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy 06
    Help a noob out, the what?
    you'll find out all about it.

D&A = dress and appearance.

AFI = Air Force Instruction

so, AFI 36-2903 is the Air Force dress and appearance Instruction. it tells you everything about how males and females in the AF WILL wear their uniforms... all of them... plus how you are allowed to wear your hair, tatoos... peircings... EVERYTHING. you'll know all about it very soon. trust me.
    1993 Cobra # 1894

Flyboy 06
    Quote Originally Posted by Air Force One
    you'll find out all about it.

D&A = dress and appearance.

AFI = Air Force Instruction

so, AFI 36-2903 is the Air Force dress and appearance Instruction. it tells you everything about how males and females in the AF WILL wear their uniforms... all of them... plus how you are allowed to wear your hair, tatoos... peircings... EVERYTHING. you'll know all about it very soon. trust me.
    I figured. Damn, CAP was a lot like the AF. We had our own dress manual, and we had to have everything (even the numbers) memorized in that bitch. And things like hands in pockets were forbidden. Our D&C manual was actually the AF D&C with a CAP cover on it, but if you took the cover off, it had all of the Air Force info on it.

Admin

Damn I'm old. It was AFR 35-10 when I went in. It changed to AFI 36-2903 in late '94 I believe.

Remember in boot camp when they used to say 'check your 35-10'?

GearMunch
    In CES hands in yer pockets was a way of life! Our uniforms looked like we slept in them. We didn't shave. We didn't keep our hair cut. Just all around dirtbags.

sounds no different than the old 35-10.....
    but maybe because i was a security troop and had guardmount/inspection everyday , it was it was a way of life
    LNN#6

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Dan
    no hands in pockets (it's officialy now!)
    no walking and drinking...

etc.

blah.
    Yep... And no talking on your cell phone now too. How do they expect us to keep in touch with our fellow Airmen?

facial hair FTMFW

Yep... And no talking on your cell phone now too. How do they expect us to keep in touch with our fellow Airmen?
    geez, who knows. whatever though, it's not like we didnt' see it coming.
    1993 Cobra # 1894

Flyboy 06
    What happens if you get caught with your hands in your pockets or bein on a cell phone?

facial hair FTMFW

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy 06
    What happens if you get caught with your hands in your pockets or bein on a cell phone?
    depends on who "catches" you. you may have someone of ANY rank just ask you to follow the rules and stop doing what you're doing, or you may have a 1st Sgt come up to you and ask you what the fuck you're doing?!?!?! it all depends.
    1993 Cobra # 1894

MarcInJapan
    I also heard they are getting rid of the SNCO Epaletes (shoulder boards) that you could wear. I never wore them, so no biggie to me.

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by MarcInHawaii
    I also heard they are getting rid of the SNCO Epaletes (shoulder boards) that you could wear. I never wore them, so no biggie to me.
    I personally always thought the sleeve stack to be more impressive. Who wants a baby dick shoulder insignia when you can have ther big guns on your sleeves?

Mike
    just one of the many reasons I bailed.

so old ass bastard who probably can't figure out how to use a cell phone probably put that one out there.

no walking and drinking?? stupid.

MarcInJapan
    We actually had the first military person "fork" or "split" his tongue in the name of the Wiker (sp) religion. He tried to fight to stay in and they kicked his ass out. Thats where the body mutilation regs started to coming into play a lot.

+ Reply to Thread